Monday, July 21, 2014

Command Central

We all know how crazy life can get, throw a few kids into the mix and it is pure insanity. The appointments, games, parties and paper work alone can make your head spin.
If you don't have the space to create a super organized desk area in the kitchen similar to the three pictured here, you will need to carve out a smaller (or tiny) area in your kitchen to house all this "stuff" neatly. 
Here I've shared some inspiration and below is my little area that I plan to transform. My words of advice would be to keep it as simple as possible. Often when an area is over designed and too complicated it tends to get disorganized quickly. A tack board, message area, calendar, some pins and possibly an "in box" for mail should do the trick! I also like to keep items and a place to store push pins, staples, pens and paper clips close by.

Here is a picture of the sad little corner in my kitchen that I am going to turn into an area to organize my children's monthly calendar of events, appointments, artwork, invites, recipes, etc. I'll be sure to show the after photo. Below are some ideas and thoughts of where to purchase what you need.  I also like See Jane Work for items.

I find Pottery Barn has a good selection of wall organizers and pin boards. Purchase this here

This is similar to mine in the image above.
Purchase here

Framed cork board. (one piece)
Purchase here


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails