Wednesday, March 18, 2015

'Tis the season....

Yes, it may feel like December, but I'm not thinking Christmas! I pretty much despise March, no offense March but you are such a tease! However, for me, two great things have come out of this month. The first being: I met this guy! (yeah, down there in the photo of us) Matty and I started to message over FB two years ago this week..(we had mutual friends) It started with me asking if anyone had a college hoops basketball pool. He did and we ended up on our first day very soon after. The second, is college hoops March Madness!! The fact that Matty not only played basketball but he also had a love of the tournament ended up being something we had in common. And the rest as they say, is history.......
I filled out one bracket yesterday and hope to join one more! We all need something to get us through this month, why not hoops? My Dad always played, so I grew up watching the game.  Weekends watching the NCAA college hoops and my bracket is a great distraction from the chilly weather and often raw days... I picked Kentucky to win it all. (How could I not) but have long been a Duke fan. (My Dad played bball with coach K) Who are you betting on??

I always say that if Matty and I buy a house together, it will need some sort of man town..You know, a place for a "U" shaped sectional and a large (if I have my way) built in television.

Here's about all you need to watch a great bball game! Whether at a bar or home, we're pretty casual when we watch the games! Go Duke!

I'd love a large but streamlined "U" shaped sectional someday. I still think Restoration Hardware has the best quality and selection.

1. An ottoman to put your feet up on is a must.
2. A food and drink tray is another must!!
I'll be dressing and eating pretty casually for the games. Here's a peek at a typical Saturday afternoon look.


1. A simple comfy sweatshirt.
2. Sports watch
7. Frosty beer and glasses



2 comments:

Kyle said...

Love this post! We are obsessed with College Hoops in this house. My husband went to Villanova, so we are hoping they go all the way! Just attended the final game of the Big East(kind of a fan of Jay Wright, too-he's so handsome)!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Thanks, Kyle!!! Go Duke and Nova! I love to see the smaller schools win. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails