Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Shelter Loves....

I haven't vanished from planet earth, but between end of year school celebrations, field trips, my wonderful clients, numerous camp applications and gardening... I have not had a minute to blog. If I don't blog, it means I most likely don't have time to eat, do laundry or much else for that matter...so never take it personally. Love y'all...;)

My summer mode is a more casual one. In fact, much like a couple of my pregnant clients, I prefer to nest during June. (no I am not preggers). We have been busy in the yard and with my house, that makes me so happy. Here is what is happening in life all around!! ( I am also breaking my no wine on Tuesday rule right now - sorry bikini belly)


Shoes:  Comfy shoes. Sorry, heels are chic as hell but don't make much sense for designers. I tend to wear flats unless I am heading out at night. (then heels are my friend)

Nail Polish:  Second Honeymoon is one of my favorite nail shades! It looks great with a hint of a tan.
Clam Bake: I want to have a clam bake this summer! We have been growing a new lawn and much to my surprise, it is coming in nicely!!
Plates:  I love entertaining during the summer. What is better than dining al fresco with good food and friends? Not much. These small plates from Anthro are adorable and would be so useful.I
Short Wellies: The kids, Matty and I have been gardening. We actually planted a small veggie and herb garden over the weekend. I am hoping it does well. I love planting flowers but haven't planted too many veggies in the past. To make a salad from my garden would be a dream. I wore my wellies to garden and think I may even buy a short pair to use all the time in the yard. The best part is they hose off beautifully when done. Planting can get messy but there is something therapeutic about getting your hands and feet in the mud! Boot here.
Herb Garden: Loving this. Mine is right outside my kitchen window and we boxed it in.
Sangria: I love a fresh sangria, this recipe doesn't use sugar, which is my preference! (see recipe and source below)
Quote: Think about this....  (quote from one of my favorite books)

Sangria:
  1. 1 bottle of sweet white wine
  2. 1 bottle of champagne
  3. 1 orange
  4. 1/2 lemon
  5. 1 cup raspberries
  6. 1 cup blueberries
  7. 12 strawberries
  8. 1 cup 100% pineapple juice
  9. 1/4 cup brandy (optional)
  10. 1/4 cup honey (optional to sweeten the sangria if needed)
Instructions
  1. Pour the white wine and pineapple juice into a large pitcher.
  2. Wash and cut the fruit and add to the pitcher.
  3. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but up to 1 day.
  4. Just before serving, pour in champagne and brandy and stir well.
  5. Garnish with fruit and enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails